Bloodborne Pathogens is an online training program for educators, coaches and staff working in school or athletic camp settings that require annual OSHA-compliant training in bloodborne pathogen education. Offering essential information and knowledge checks, the program joins the Kognito portfolio of mandated compliance-based training programs in the PK-12 space, including suicide prevention, trauma-informed practices and bullying prevention training.
The goal of Bloodborne Pathogens is to gain awareness, knowledge to reduce risks associated with exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Identify bloodborne pathogens and symptoms of bloodborne diseases (hepatitis, HIV)
- Identify modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens
- Recognize proper use and handling of personal protective equipment
- Identify measures to be taken when the skin or eyes are exposed to infectious material
- Recognize and describe components of an Exposure Control Plan
- Safe cleanup and disposal practices
- Instructional content with knowledge checks
- Meets OSHA compliance standards for annual training in bloodborne pathogens awareness
- Kognito Certificate of Completion
More Resources for Bloodborne Pathogens
Download the Product Catalog
Interested in seeing how each course is structured, when you will learn each topic, and how the program works? Download our course syllabus.