Research has shown that having a growth perspective is key to students' academic success. Teaching Resiliency & Growth for Educators helps teachers and school staff partner with students, parents and caregivers to cultivate emotional resiliency and a healthy sense of self in students.
This simulation features separate content modules for Elementary/Middle and High school. It equips educators with the tools to help students navigate stress, uncertainty, adversity, and trauma in an emotionally healthy way. Using proven communication techniques, interactive conversation practice, and classroom strategies, educators are able to help students thrive according to their unique potential.
Educators and staff have access to customized national, local, and school-specific resources in addition to simulation content.
The goal of Teaching Resiliency & Growth for Educators is to gain awareness, knowledge, skill, and self-confidence to build resiliency and growth in students, in partnership with both the students and their parent and caregivers.
- Describe growth perspective vs fixed perspective and the impact on mental and emotional wellness, positive self-concept, student achievement and creativity
- Explain the benefits of a growth perspective and classroom strategies that encourage growth
- Identify helpful thoughts from unhelpful thoughts and understand their impact on decision-making
- Practice modeling positive self-talk to reframe unhelpful thoughts
- Identify opportunities and communication techniques to engage parents in building growth in students
- Understand support resources available and how to discuss them with parents and students
Evidence-based models and techniques, game mechanics, and key learning and assessment principles ensure users stay engaged and emerge with a deeper understanding of their ability to use their new skills in real life. Research shows that with experiential practice, increased emotional engagement and reflective thinking leads to stronger self-efficacy and behavior change.
Education professionals and professionals that have conducted research and evaluation on this topic have contributed to the simulation content.
Learners receive customized feedback based on their in-simulation choices.
The simulation is available online 24/7. Users are asked to complete pre-, post-, and 3-month follow up surveys to assess changes in skills, attitudes, and behavior. Upon completion, users receive a certificate of completion. Clients have access to usage reports and evaluation data via the Kognito client portal.
More Resources for Teaching Resiliency & Growth for Educators
Download the PK-12 Catalog
View our full catalog of simulations created to improve PK-12 communities.