Does your OSHA-compliant bloodborne pathogens training need a refresh?
When it comes to compliance, sometimes we “set it and forget it”. It becomes a checkbox that we neglect to revisit. If the term “mandated compliance training” makes your faculty and staff groan, it may be time for a refresh.
We’re excited to announce that Kognito has added a new training solution for PK-12 schools and higher education institutions: Bloodborne Pathogens.
Bloodborne Pathogens is an online training program for educators, coaches, and staff working in school or athletic camp settings that require annual OSHA-compliant training in bloodborne pathogen education. Offering essential information and knowledge checks, the program joins the Kognito portfolio of mandated compliance-based training programs, including suicide prevention, trauma-informed practices and bullying prevention training.
Five ways Kognito’s Bloodborne Pathogens training levels up your compliance training
Our behavior change model integrates several evidence-based models and techniques, game mechanics, and learning principles for maximum impact. Here are a few things that set Kognito’s Bloodborne Pathogens learning experience apart from more traditional models.
- It’s efficient. Learners gain the knowledge they need in just 20 minutes.
- It’s engaging. Learners appreciate didactic content and videos that hold their attention.
- It’s effective. Instructional content and knowledge checks based on OSHA compliance help learners retain information.
- It meets OSHA compliance standards for annual training in bloodborne pathogens awareness.
- It includes outreach support. Technical assistance and outreach templates help drive adoption.
Faculty & Staff will be Well-trained to handle Pathogen Exposure
Bloodborne pathogens are infectious microorganisms in human blood that can cause disease. This can include Hepatitis B (HBV), Hepatitis C (HCV), and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), among others. Kognito’s Bloodborne Pathogens learning solution helps teachers and staff gain awareness and knowledge to reduce risks associated with exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Identify bloodborne pathogens and symptoms of bloodborne diseases (Hepatitis, HIV)
- Identify modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens
- Recognize proper use and handling of personal protective equipment
- Identify measures to be taken when the skin or eyes are exposed to infectious material
- Recognize and describe components of an Exposure Control Plan
- Safe cleanup and disposal practices
Who needs bloodborne pathogens training?
Kognito’s Bloodborne Pathogens online training program is for educators, coaches, and staff working in school or athletic camp settings.
Schools and athletic programs are high-risk environments for bloodborne pathogens. Anyone who comes in contact with blood or bodily fluids or who touches contaminated surfaces is at risk of transmission. Special education can be particularly at-risk because of the higher likelihood of special medical needs, injury, and dependency on adults for personal care.
Training that goes beyond compliance
Many of our professional development programs fall into the category of mandated training, however, we are committed to going beyond compliance. This online training solution includes Instructional content and knowledge checks to keep learners engaged.