This simulation teaches parents and caregivers how to create a healthier emotional environment for children by encouraging open dialogue about emotional and mental wellness. Users learn how to respond in a constructive way to the expression of various feelings. thoughts and emotions, as well as when and where to seek additional support.
This engaging program is designed to:
1) Raise awareness among parents and caregivers about the role of resiliency and emotional and mental wellness.
2) Assist parents and caregivers in understanding how to build resiliency in their children, following best practice and evidence-based models when available.
The program provides tips for creating a healthy emotional environment for children; how to respond in a helpful way to the expression of feelings, thoughts, and emotions; and when and where to seek additional support. Designed to be flexible, parents and caregivers can navigate the content based on their specific needs and concerns, coming back to the product at any time for answers to their questions. Users have access to customized national, local, and school-specific resources in addition to simulation content.
The goal of Emotional & Mental Wellness for Parents & Caregivers is to teach parents, caregivers, and those in the student's larger community of support, how to create a healthier environment for children and adolescents by encouraging open dialogue about emotional and mental wellness.
- Examine strategies that help build resiliency
- Understand the importance of emotional & mental wellness to support flourishing
- Examine the role of parents and caregivers in supporting the emotional wellness of their children
- Identify potentially concerning changes in behavior
- Describe how to help their children recognize and verbalize their feelings, thoughts, and emotions
- Determine the best actions to take when your children verbalize their feelings, thoughts, and emotions
- Overcome barriers to help-seeking through a better understanding the role of mental health professionals and other support resources
Evidence-based models and techniques, game mechanics, and key learning and assessment principles ensure users stay engaged and emerge with a deeper understanding of their ability to use their new skills in real life. Research shows that with experiential practice, increased emotional engagement and reflective thinking leads to stronger self-efficacy and behavior change.
Users receive customized feedback based on their in-simulation choices.
The simulation is available online 24/7. Users are asked to complete pre-, post-, and 3-month follow up surveys to assess changes in skills. Attitudes, and behavior. Upon completion, users receive a certificate of completion. Clients have access to usage reports and evaluation data via the Kognito client portal.
More Resources for Emotional & Mental Wellness for Parents & Caregivers
Mental Health & Wellness Suite
Download the PK-12 Catalog
View our full catalog of simulations created to improve PK-12 communities.